Saturday, August 17, 2013

What? Me, in a swimsuit?

I love my Saturdays!  With only a week and a half left until the kids go back to school I want to get  a lot of activities in...Today I weighed in and thankfully I am down 8 pounds this week.  I am determined not to keep that 20 that I have gained back plus I want to lose 25 more and then I will be at my goal.  This journey has not been an easy one and it has taken a lot longer than I imagined but I feel so good!! It has become so much more about getting fit and strong and so much less about how I look, although that is a big bonus!

I took the kids swimming today and I have to say that this was the first day in my entire life that I wore a swimsuit and did not cover it up with a HUGE T-shirt and shorts.  You know what?  I was not at all self conscious and had a really good time just being with my kids and not worrying if anyone was staring at the fat chick in a swimsuit (that would be me).  What a great thing to not allow myself to be bogged down by my own insecurities!  I even heard my daughter's friend say "your mom is so cool and she's really pretty."  To which my daughter replied "yeah she is really pretty, I'm so proud of her."  It instantly brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my heart! She is having friends sleep over and my little man has decided to spend the night with his cousins.  He is worried the girls will try to put makeup on him LOL.  The girls are having a scary movie marathon and JD is helping out some friends so I am on my own for the evening.

I am kind of sad that the summer is almost over but I am taking a week off when they start school to get them settled in.  I am hoping to get a couple of home projects done at the same time.  It will be strange to be home during the day, alone, while the kids are in school.  I am hoping to hit the gym really hard that week.  I love having those moments to myself.  My workouts are my time. 

My goal this week is to lose at least 5 pounds, hopefully more like 7 or 8.  I am taking the kids school shopping next weekend and since Adrianna will be running cross country this year she asked if we could go run together a couple of nights after work.  I am really looking forward to that.  All the one on one time I get with them makes me happy.  I am , working hard and I will reach my goals!  My family is staying active, and my kids are actually excited about going back to school.  Time for some mommy moments and a pedicure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment