Sunday, August 11, 2013

Be true to yourself

I haven't been here for a while.  I have been staying busy, living and enjoying life.  I have re-newed appreciation for my life.  This summer has been wonderfully busy.  I ran my first 5k race!  It was a quiet accomplishment that I have kind of kept just for myself.  Knowing that it was something that I never would have been strong enough to do two years ago.  I have taken some time away from the gym and my strict diet and to be honest I'm really feeling it.  Life is a series of changes, some are wonderful things that keeps you kind of floating and some are real struggles that if you let them can tear you apart.  I have gained back about 20 pounds or so but it is not staying.  My body pain seems to be coming back more often as well.  Today I returned to my regular schedule of exercise and I am back on my diet.  I am ready to get back on track.  I did 8 miles on the bike and 45 minutes of strength training, then 20 minutes on the elliptical.  I am hurting a bit tonight but that will go away in a couple of days, It's a good, tired, kind of pain. 
totally worth it. 

Our family has been spending a lot of time together doing different activities all summer.  We went to Stanley for Melissa's wedding.  What a beautiful place!  It was perfect for that special day!  We had an amazing time.  Melissa was such a beautiful bride.  Because life is such a series of bumps in the road and stressors that bog us down, having moments of love like these remind us to be happy. 

The kids are getting ready to return to school in a couple of weeks and so am I.  It will be an even busier fall so I am cherishing these days now.  I am really happy.  We have struggled with some things lately but we are weathering the storm just as you do.  I am very lucky to have the life I have. 
I am very thankful for every little miracle.  I understand that the most important thing about love is knowing without a doubt in my heart that when I reach out in the dark through good times and bad there will be  another hand to take mine and pull me close.  I know that it is a team effort and we do it together. 

I am working to "lose the extra 20" that I gained back and a few more.  I am still strong, I am still motivated and I have a lot more accomplishments in my future.  Every day is a new beginning, every new beginning is an opportunity to do something epic...

No comments:

Post a Comment